Reidsville Girl Charged With Helping Teens in Break-ins | News
A 16-year-old girl has been charged with aiding and abetting three men accused of breaking into a Reidsville convenience store July 22.
Mary Beth Nelson, of Reidsville, alleged helped Brandon Shawn Holland, Buddy Lee Hardy, and Christopher Candance Loftis, who were each recently arrested for multiple breaking and entering incidents at Moore's Store and Hardware on Highway 65 in Bethany.
Cigarettes, beer, soft drinks and a part from the lottery ticketing machine were stolen, deputies said.
A school resource deputy identified one of the suspects via surveillance video, and much of the stolen merchandise was later found, deputies said.
On Wednesday, deputies connected the group with another break-in targeting the J's Country Market, located at 3380 Hwy 158.
Two doors were forced through the basement, however the suspects were unable to make it to the upper-levels of the store containing merchandise, deputies said.
Upcoming Events near Rockingham County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Elon baseball player wins battle with cancer, team shaves heads
- Foodservice manufacturer to bring 100 new jobs to Alamance Co.
- Freeze endangering crops and vineyards
- Woman admits to putting body in bin after it was left in bedroom for days
- Police bust marijuana growing operation, seize 76 plants in Burlington