Deputies searching for Reidsville man accused of assaulting wife | News
REIDSVILLE, N.C. — Deputies said they are looking for a man who assaulted his estranged wife Friday night at his home in Reidsville.
Curtis Lee Smalls, 33, of 435 Hidden Valley Drive, has had arrest warrants issued for him by the Rockingham County Sheriff’s Office after deputies were called around 6 p.m.
Deputies said one of Smalls’ family members gave them false information by saying that Smalls had barricaded himself inside his home and was threatening to harm himself.
Deputies said the Sheriff’s Office’s Special Response Team was called and acted as if he were at the home.
Officials said they forced their way inside after failing to make any communication with the suspect around 1:30 a.m. They said they now believe he probably left before they arrived.
Authorities said area residents were asked to move to a safe distance. Deputies did not say if the person who gave them false information will face charges.
Anyone with information on Smalls’ whereabouts can call the Rockingham County Sheriff’s Office at (336) 634-3232 or Rockingham County Crimestoppers at (336) 349-9683.
Upcoming Events near Rockingham County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Elon baseball player wins battle with cancer, team shaves heads
- Foodservice manufacturer to bring 100 new jobs to Alamance Co.
- Freeze endangering crops and vineyards
- Woman admits to putting body in bin after it was left in bedroom for days
- Police bust marijuana growing operation, seize 76 plants in Burlington